The Lord has been kind to us drawing people from a variety of backgrounds and from distant parts into the fellowship of the saints.
CWMF is committed to spreading the biblically based Gospel of Christ (Good News) and to maintaining “the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3). With this mission in mind, CWMF fearlessly identifies the teachers in the church who spread the aberrant non-biblical teaching and their false works and utterances, which abound in our time. While we believe in the present day reality of the Holy Spirit and His work in and through the believer in the fruit and gifts, we are opposed to the “Toronto Blessing” and to “Pensacola” and “Revival Now” movements, which we are convinced, are not from God.
CWMF is biblical in basis, evangelistic in emphasis and evangelical in purpose. We endeavour to follow Paul the apostle’s example in preaching the good news of Christ. “HIM we preach, WARNING every man and TEACHING every man in all wisdom, that we may PRESENT every man MATURE in Christ Jesus” (Colossians 1:28) to both Jews and Gentiles.
1. The divine inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Scriptures, also known as the Holy Bible as being the only rule for faith and conduct. Sola Scriptura. - 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 Peter 1:24-25
2. The one and only true and living God, eternally existent in three Persons, in unity, equality and distinction - Father, Son/Word and Holy Spirit.
– Matt 28:18-20; Lk 3:21-22; Jn 14:15-18; 2Cor 13:14; Eph 4:4-6
3. The inherent corruptness of mankind through the fall necessitating personal and individual repentance from sin and faith towards God leading to regeneration by grace through faith alone in the atoning Blood of Christ. We believe in the eternal separation from God and conscious punishment of the finally impenitent. - Romans 3:10-11 & 23; 6:23; Revelation 20: 15 & 10.
4. The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ. – Is 7:14 & Matt 1:23; John 8:46 & 2 Cor 5:21; 1 Cor 15: 1-4; Matt 28:6; Acts 1:7-11; Heb 4:15 & 7:25.
5. The regenerated state and progressive purifying of the believer by partaking in the finished work of Christ. – Rom 5:1; Heb 10:10 & 14; Hebrews 2:11
6. The Sacraments of Believer’s Baptism by total immersion and the Lord's supper, also known as the Lord’s Table and Holy Communion and in the institution of the Church, the body of Christ, whose sole foundation and possessor is its builder – the Lord Jesus Christ. – Matt 28:19; Mark 16:16; Romans 6: 3-11; 1 Cor 11:23-26; Matt 16:18.
7. The shedding forth of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost resulting in the Baptism into the Holy Spirit referred to by John Baptist in Matthew 3:11 c/f Acts 1: 4-5, and in the perpetuation of the ministry gifts of Christ and of the ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit throughout the Church Age.
– Acts 2: 1-4, 33, 38, 39 and 16-18; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 1 Corinthians chapters 12 & 14.
8. The literal gathering of the saints to be with the Lord. His pre-millennial return in like manner as was His ascension and the period of the millennium, which is yet to come. – 1 Thess 4:16-17; Acts 1:11; Revelation 20: 1-7.
9. The voluntary giving of offerings by God’s people for the alleviation of the poor and needy within the church community and the support of the ministry towards the extension of the Kingdom of God. – 1 Cor 16: 1-2; 2 Cor 9:7 & 9.
“To know Christ and to make Him known.”
Mark 3:14 — “And He ordained the twelve, that they should be with Him...”
Mark 1:17 — “And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after ME,
and I will make you to become fishers of men”.
Matt 28:19 — “Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all nations”.
The vision and goal of the CWMF assembly shall always remain that of Paul the apostle as expressed in Philippians 3:10-11 — “That I may know HIM, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead”. No humanly conceived goal or ambition shall replace or over-ride this goal which shall remain the vision of the CWM Fellowship at all times. Thus the Mission of the Assembly is to KNOW Christ and to make HIM known. This is our MISSION STATEMENT.
The purposes of the Assembly are:
To propagate the message of the Word of God.To engage in evangelism by all means such as public meetings the printed page and mass media.To disciple those so evangelised and all new converts into maturity in Christ so that they in turn may disciple others (Matthew 28: 18-20; Col 1: 28-29).
To provide pecuniary and other support for godly widows and orphans in accordance with the requirements of Scripture (Acts 6: 1; 1 Timothy 5:3, 4, 9, 11, 16; James 1:27).
To establish self governing, self propagating local churches as the opportunity affords.To recognise and/or release the divinely bestowed ministry gifts of Christ into full operation and where desirous to issue Ministerial Credentials and supporting Ministry and Missionary Certificates in recognition of the Divine Call upon those who are ministry gifts to the body of Christ as referred to in Ephesians 4:11 and 12 and who are desirous of fellowship with the Assembly.
To make application on behalf of those who have been approved by the Assembly to conduct marriages and to do whatever is required by the authority, which is delegated by the Government of the State of Queensland and/or by the Government of Australia to so register such persons to perform marriages in accordance with the laws of God and of the State of Queensland and the Government of Australia.
To uphold the family (see rule 6) as the basic social unit of society and to promote and support biblical family values.
To provide Christian and General education for all age groups and to encourage training for active ministry at home and abroad and in particular to support, establish and conduct Christian Colleges and Schools of Education.
To support and engage in missionary enterprise in Australia and other lands with the view to establishing and or strengthening indigenous local churches.To encourage an attitude of Christian fellowship towards all true believers in Christ.
To honour all civil governing authorities according to the Biblical Scriptures.To affiliate with the National and/or State Conferences established by Christian Witness Ministries International and with the local independent Assemblies of God linked thereto.
To 'earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints' in maintaining the Statement of Faith of the Assembly – see No 2 above – and in upholding the whole counsel of God as taught in the Scriptures.